Storytime!: Layla

Hey everybody! Today, I'm going to be starting a new story, different from the other one I have done. I don't really know what to name it so I just named it Layla-
Let's get started!

   Layla shifted in her seat nervously while Sin drank her tea. "What's the matter with you? It's been 20 minutes, and you haven't even touched your tea." Sin said. "It's just... I've got an interview tomorrow and-" Sin cut her off. "That's amazing! Why didn't you tell me? Now you won't have to work at the rusty-" "First of all, I might not even get the dumb old JOB!" then she muttered, "I hope I don't." Sin was bewildered. "What do you mean? Don't you want a better job? This could be like, your only chance!" Layla sighed. "There's something fishy about these people. I mean, you get hired by stores and you offer to clean the place. You get a decent amount of money, and there is usually very little work. And they're apparently popular with many stores? They have even cleaned one of those big and fancy jewelry store's. At least, that's what they told me." Layla stopped, and looked down into her lap. "What's so bad about that? That's great that they are so popular! You could get much more money from them rather then the other crusty place you're working at." Sin didn't know why she was thinking so stupidly. "Just go to the interview place or whatever, and see if you get in or not. If you do, great. If not, just try for other jobs." Layla looked at her with eyes wide. "You don't even understand! It's not about making the money, or working at a much more popular place. I mean, they said they are very popular, so why such less work? And, what if they are lying about the popular thing? It's just a cleaning group." Layla said. She really didn't know what to do.


I hope you enjoyed today's excerpt. See you all later!

Comments

  1. Your story is well written! Have a great week, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You have a great week as well. :)

      Delete
  2. Me gusta Layla , lo dejaste muy interesante. Te mando un beso

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I like Layla as well, seems like a detective. Kisses~

      Delete
  3. Well written. I think she is right to question things about the company though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed your words :)

    Hope your week is going well.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you're having a pleasant, creative day:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hola! un post genial, me gustó mucho. Besos

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking for a job is very stressfull

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment